Virginia Tech's Department of Geosciences focuses on research, education, and outreach dealing with the nature of the earth. Our students and faculty investigate earth processes at scales that range from atomic to planetary. Our undergraduate program offers B.S. degrees with Geology, Geochemistry, Geophysics, and Earth Sciences Education options and our graduate program offers M.S. and Ph.D. degrees in one of our many research areas. Our department also operates the Museum of Geosciences, open to the public and located in 2062 Derring Hall.
- Virginia Tech students present at the National Conference on Undergraduate Research
- Virginia Tech scientists discover early dinosaur cousin had a surprising croc-like look
- Virginia Tech researchers fill critical gap in fossil record of Chinese phytosaurs
- Undergraduate researchers represent Virginia Tech at the ACC Meeting of the Minds Conference
- Global Change Center researchers help water authority create ‘best water possible,’ prepare for warmer temperatures