Apply to our Graduate Program
For your graduate application you will need:
- A one to two page, double-spaced personal statement
- A brief statement that describes your research interests and career aspiration in geosciences
- Transcripts from previous academic institutions
- Three letters of recommendation
The department begins reviewing official applications January 1st for Fall admission and October 1st for Spring admission. We recommend that prospective students submit applications by the listed dates, but we accept applications at any time.
Submitting this pre-application simply indicates your interest in our program and does not incur any cost or obligation on your part. We strongly encourage you to directly contact faculty in the research areas you are interested in pursuing, to determine whether there are open positions and to discuss possible research directions.
Need More Information?
Graduate Registration, Courses, and Requirements
- Registrar's Office
- Graduate Catalog
- Geosciences Graduate Level Courses
After clicking the above link, click the "Course Listing" tab to see the list of Geosciences graduate courses.
- Geosciences Graduate Student Handbook
- Graduate School Policies and Procedures
- International Student Requirements
- Medical Insurance Requirements